Discursive ESSAY (Individual assessment)
Essay Assessment Criteria
- The essay should be typed in 12 point Arial or Helvetica (with 1.5 line spacing) and follow an essay-style format
- It should be printed single sided (not double sided).
- It should identify a minimum of six “academic” sources. “Academic” sources are textbooks, academic journal articles and, at this level, business analysis sources such as The Economist and BusinessWeek.
- The page count excludes the title page and reference list.
- Margins should be of ‘normal’ dimensions – no less than 25mm for left and right margins, and no more than 32mm.
- It must be submitted in hard copy to the SAC, plus submitted in digital form to the Turnitin assignment drop-box on the module’s Blackboard site. Digital submissions must be received by the assignment deadline. Don’t assume instantaneous delivery.
- Good referencing and academic practice will be credited, as will good standards of written English
- Any evidence of plagiarism will be dealt with severely in accordance with DMU regulations.
- Late submissions will be penalised.
Assessment 1 marksheet [pdf]
If assignment 1 is failed (either due to non-submission or poor completion), it may be reassessed by submission of a revised version of the assignment, provided the tutor has been notified that resubmission is being pursued. In such cases, the grade will be capped at 40%.